Renting uniforms, mats, linen and toweling as opposed to purchasing and laundering at home, saves energy and decreases natural resource consumption.
Rental uniforms, mats and linens are built to last longer than their store bought counterparts which means less replacement of items and reduced waste to landfills. Our green initiatives not only help improve the environment, they also save you money by reducing chemical usage and waste.
Take a look our cost saving green initiatives below.
Sorting, Washing & Wastewater Treatment
- All items are weighed, counted and placed in slings to ensure the proper loading of machines so we can decrease wash loads per day to save water and soap
- Items are sorted based on type & soil classification so each one is only washed once.
- Each soil classification has specialized formulas of water and soap to maximize efficiency
- Our computerized wash formulas and soap injection system minimize human error and prevent waste of resources
- Our wash cycle does not use hazardous dry cleaning materials
- We use biodegradable detergents that do not contain Nonylphenol Ethoxylates (NPE)—a chemical that is extremely toxic to aquatic animals
- Our heat reclamation system allows us recycle heat and save energy
- Our wastewater is treated with all-natural, non-caustic and non-acid biodegradable product to remove oil and grease before entering the sewer system
- We are compliant with all wastewater restrictions
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- We use like-new garments whenever possible to reduce the need for newly manufactured garments thereby reducing waste accumulation
- Used items that are no longer up to quality standards are donated to charitable organizations instead of going to the landfill
- Uniforms are delivered on recycled hangers, and we maintain hanger recycling programs at all of our customers’ locations
Reusable Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
Green Friendly Options for our Customers
- Our paper towel dispensers are portion controlled (one at a time) to reduce unnecessary waste
- Our floor mats trap dirt and moisture at the door decreasing your need for expensive cleaning products while protecting expensive floors and ventilation systems
- Rental mats last five times longer than store bought mats. This reduces waste and saves you money
Reduced Fuel Consumption
- Our delivery trucks are armed with GPS systems allowing our drivers to decrease drive time and save fuel
- We reduced our five day delivery schedule to a four day delivery schedule to increase efficiency
- We monitor vehicle idle time to reduce wasteful fuel consumption
Interested in partnering with Rentwear to improve efficiency, cut costs and help save the environment? Fill out a contact form today to get started.